|Issue Date:||March 11th 2019|
|Last modified:||July 22nd 2019|
Explore data, develop analytics and build applications securely on the Global Platform.
The Developers Service gives you access to code development and data exploration environments.
SDG: 01 - No Poverty02 - Zero Hunger03 - Good Health & Well-Being04 - Quality Education05 - Gender Equality06 - Clean Water & Sanitation07 - Affordable & Clean Energy08 - Decent Work & Economic Growth09 - Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure10 - Reduced Inequalities11 - Sustainable Cities & Communities12 - Responsible Consumption & Production13 - Climate Action14 - Life below Water15 - Life on Land16 - Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions17 - Partnerships for the Goals
The Service supports users to develop new algorithms, data science
pipelines and applications.
- offers Cloud-based workspaces and notebooks
- makes JupyterHub and Gitlab available over the web
- is managed and customized by UN Global Platform and UNSD teams to meet the needs of the Task Team
- supports R, Python, Julia and more languages
- is scalable to new users & intensive processing
- increases the productivity of algorithm and methods development using modern version control
- allows quick and effective collaboration in distributed teams
- offers sophisticated project management tools tailored for data scientists and data developers
- offers native container registry, supporting reproducible research and development
- automates code execution, algorithm deployment, and manages data pipelines using Gitlab runners.
This service provides environments for programmers and data scientists worldwide to collaborate on projects.